Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Morocco


PA->NY->Barcelona->Morocco

Morocco is amazing but all of this posting has taken the love of blogging out of me for the time being, so more to come later. The short version:

I arrived.

Julia (my cousin) lives in a mountain town that is resorty and cool and at the end of the day, a really nice change from the surrounding areas.

The closest city is Fez, one hour by shared taxi.

They speak Arabic and French. I know like five Arabic words, so I use French. My conversations are sort of pre-school level.

People are really nice, though the women are nice-nice and the men are not always.

I love the Medinas-old parts of the cities surrounded by walls. The streets are as wide as donkeys.

I made some moroccan friends today.

I went to a night club in Marakesh.

I fed some monkeys.

Today I am going to the Sahara!

No comments: